Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Showcase



Like a shade drawn over a window
I feel separated from you

Like our love...
Was it love?
Blossomed anew
Right in front of our eyes
Or was I just a place to relax between thighs?

I got frightened
Demanding

You lost your temper
Dumped your past on me like a suitcase
That flies open
On a bumpy flight
Scattered fragments
Of a you
You are letting go
A light
Is igniting anew
I see it
So do you

So why this dumping?
This explicit showcase
Drowning me in images
Of times and people gone by

You decided we were through?
Next stop is what you were on to?
Makes it easier to walk away
Fill me with your stories
Then tell me there is nothing to say?

And the sex?
As if we had opened
As if we had time
To blossom like the luminous flower
Bursts towards the sun
Do you want me to run?
When slow and steady is my pace

Sexy softening
Revealing in layers
Stewing in feminine grace
Sweetly oozing my flavors
I receive and savor
The intoxicating power of you

In time
With trust
I reveal my lust

Following your finger
As you trace the curves of my skin
I want to jump in
Lick you from within

Your slow, soft touch
Moments of blissful unfolding
Kissing you in the warm sun
Opening
Coming undone

Melting in your embrace
Not fucking fast, like a race
I have done that
Been there
I don't need that showcase

I want explosions
A bursting of stars
Not this symphony of old scars

Are you in a hurry?
Like a ticking clock
Late for a date
This moment second rate

You were always leaving
Even before I knew you were coming

I leave
You go
Nothing much is said but, "Know."
You want me to just know
I get it
It's true
There is so much to see
Within me
Truth
Rising like a fire
To warm my heart
Presence
A new start
Why talk?
Mental chatter
Given a stage
Does it ignite your rage?

But still, I am human
I want to hear the words from your mouth
I want to see the way your lips move as you say, "I love you too. I will be back. I want you."

Does this make me needy?
To desire to hear
The sweet words of reciprocation as they fall from your tongue
To my ear
This is how I want to know you
To share

Deeply
In many tender places
On dark, cold nights
So I can warm
My heart
By the fire
Of our light

So I go back
To slow and steady wins the race
We are friends
We can reveal at a slow pace
Get to know one another
Reveal our true face

No comments: