
When lovers go
It can feel like a cold wind
A dark night
Wrapping itself around my heart
I sink into the shallows
A baby's pool of pity and grasping emotion
To struggle for breath
Only to awaken to that I am an adult now
And I can take care of myself
And there is a wise woman within
So it is time for the child to stop running the show
And for me to look at all the ways I abandon myself
And forgive my father
And heal those wounds
From a child's perspective
And how did this become my cross to bear?
And how long will it take?
And do you know?
And so I hold her
Like only a big girl can
I soothe her
If I had been there when she was small
I would have wrapped her in warmth
Held her till she slept
I could not then
I can now
The journey towards wholeness
Towards sovereignty, only to realize oneness
Seems cold and lonely, where I sit right now.
I pray for peace
I want so badly to experience love
For warm winds and bright sun
So I may once again remember
From whence I come...
You know I've heard
We already made it home
This is us, remembering the journey.
I am so glad.
No comments:
Post a Comment